Clear all

Apostate daughter and son in law

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@virginnymae27)
New Member Registered
Topic starter

My daughter and son in law have 3 young children and seemed to be committed Christians. They were never able to find a church that suited my son in law. He always seemed to be drawn to rather questionable doctrines and preachers. My daughter seemed to always be the sweetest Christian. I never doubted her salvation. She has always been a follower. Her husband has had some mental health issues and now they say they are atheists. My daughter uses the same old arguments— God of OT was mean, how can he allow suffering,etc. they have forbidden me to talk to the children about the Lord. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever faced. They live 1000 mil away so it’s hard to help. My daughter is still very close to me and I try to be loving. I know there is a great falling away in the last days but I never thought it would be in my family. My other daughter and son are growing in their faith. Sorry for the long post. Please pray.

Posted : November 10, 2019 12:48 pm
(@geri7)
Famed Member Registered

:prayer-hands: for your loved ones.

Here are some comforting verses ... looks like the age is 19 and below that are under the age of accountability so I think your grandkids will be flying up with us when the rapture happens.

Exodus 30:14
Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD.

Numbers 14:29
Your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me.

Posted : November 10, 2019 1:55 pm
Watchman35
(@watchman35)
Prominent Member Registered

So sorry for your heartache Virginia.  I have not experienced that, but it is not at all hard for me to imagine this would be one of the most painful experiences this fallen world has to offer.  Praying for God to move on the hearts of your daughter and son-in-law, but also for you to find peace in the Lord as you navigate these difficult circumstances.  There really are no adequate words, but He understands your heart.  Grace and peace to you from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Posted : November 10, 2019 3:20 pm
(@tenderreed)
Illustrious Member Registered

Indeed dear sister there are no words to be spoken which can describe the pain and fear.  There can only be prayers of intercession and deliverance from the deceptive spirit which has gotten a foothold into their hearts.

My prayer on another thread here at RITAN was that the Lord double his efforts in reaching out for those that have refused or rebelled against His Spirit!  And so too I pray for your family.  Losing faith in their God and being hurt and disappointed by Him are different than not knowing that God is!

Especially in your daughter's case where her relationship with God seemed more real rather than an intellectual stance.  May the hound of heaven continue to pursue, repair and reignite the passions of their hearts.  When faith is based on situation, it is weak.  When based upon surrender, it is perfect!

Though they may have given up on God, God has not and will not give up on them.  Claim this and bring this to remembrance.  May the Lord's winning ways and loving persistence continue towards them both.

Lifting you up always and praying for wisdom from on high as you demonstrate God's patient love towards them.  Short of any demonic behaviours or lifestyles, their heart can still be redeemed.

Love & blessings, YBIC... TR

Posted : November 11, 2019 5:01 am
Share: