This is what RITA is all about

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
 Tom
(@tomb)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter

The other day I was reminiscing about the old RITA site and all it's wonderful members.  I started looking back at some old post from then and found the following by Lori M and thought it would fit in here on this forum.

Lori M.

Hi BSFC123, I really appreciate your post. It came straight from your heart and I'm sure each of us can relate to how you are feeling. I wholeheartedly agree with Yohanan. It is about balance. There have been many threads on this subject and I can tell you that the mature Christians on this site have very good insight on your concerns. Maybe some of the mods could post a thread so you can read back through it. The way I look at it, it's not about how much we watch or don't watch on this site! it's about fellowship. It's about knowing that we have other people that are more interested in Jesus than the world. It's about being a watchman and believe me, it's not for everyone. This site has many blessings to offer. Whether you need fellowship, encouragement or simply prayer we are always there for you. As far as the watch dates and high alerts I pray we never stop! If it weren't for the watchers than our main stream media would have control over what we see and don't see. You are very blessed to have a Dad that knows how to occupy until He comes and I agree with your Dad 100%. The difference for me is that I didn't grow up with a Christian family that knows the Lord like your Dad does. Every story is different and in my case, I don't want to miss a beat! I have already discovered that I was chosen to be that wise and faithful servant whom His master finds watching when He comes. I get frustrated sometimes because I also get told that, "People have been saying that Jesus would return since I was a kid." That did concern me at one time until I read it in the bible- yes! Jesus said that too! I believe we should occupy until He comes. We are to be joyful and to be a light to others, however, we are also commanded to watch and that's where the balance thing comes in. We will continue to have ups and downs and disappointments when we watch but believe me I've tried the other way and that's when I truly lose my joy. I think our joy is in the watching. I just wanted to give you another perspective because I enjoy your posts and I enjoy your fellowship on RITAN. Thank you BSFC123! Many blessings to come my friend. * Smile
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. Mathew 24:42

They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” 2 Peter 3:4

"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? Mathew 24:45

He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. Luke 19: 12-13

Posted : March 10, 2019 10:45 am
Mark Armstrong
(@mark)
Active Member Registered

I find myself wondering what Scott and Scarby are up to these days.

Posted : March 11, 2019 4:41 pm
(@tenderreed)
Illustrious Member Registered

Indeed this is what RITAN is all about.  Lifting each other up in prayer, fellowship, fun and glorifying God, as we keep ever watchful for His return!

What an oasis in a dry and parched land!  :heart:

How exciting it will be to meet the whole body of Christ, once we get there.  Others with like hearts. :heart: :dieu:

I shall forever be grateful for the times I've been blessed the RITAN family! :yes:

TR

Posted : March 22, 2019 1:46 pm
yhwhtalmidah
(@yhwhtalmidah)
Estimable Member Registered

Those descriptions are exactly how I would have put it. To be a watcher is a delicate balance of watching and working. It makes me think of when the Israelites were rebuilding the wall. They had a spear in one hand and were watching for enemies, but also working on the wall. Check out Nehemiah 4:16-17. But they did not watch alone. Groups of them were assigned to guarding and watching. We are kind of like that too. We need the support of each other. The world can wear us down so fast and many of us face mocking on a daily basis. But we can come hear and enjoy like-minded fellowship, prayer, and encouragement. It’s why RITAN is a family! :rose:

Posted : May 11, 2019 6:18 am
regina
(@regina)
Honorable Member Registered

bttt

it will be great for God's family to meet together. it won't be like a retreat where we all go our separate ways after a few days, but we will have forever to meet saints and enjoy life together with the Lord

:flyup:

Posted : May 12, 2020 12:23 pm
Share: