Noble Member

It's a doozie of a story....

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Democrats Move to Strip Trump of Secret Service Protection:

Democrats want Trump dead.

House Democrats on Friday moved to strip President Trump of his Secret Service protection if he is convicted.

Democrat Rep. Bennie Thompson introduced a resolution that would terminate Trump’s Secret Service protection. The legislation dubbed the “Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable (DISGRACED) Former Protectees Act would apply to all Secret Service protectees convicted and sentenced under felony charges.

“Obvious subtext here is that removing USSS would make it easier for someone to kill Trump, which is arguably the goal of Thompson’s bill, H.R. 8081,” Byron York said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/democrats-move-strip-trump-secret-service-protection/     

1 Reply
Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)

Illustrious Member

@patrician 

I heard there have been many attempts on his life while in office.  I’m surprise he trusts the secret service unless there are a few loyal ones that proved to be trust worthy? I’m sure he can afford his own body guards when the time comes and that benefit ends. 

I hope he is a believer and then he can just be raptured out with us, and the liberals will have their wish. But it will be short lived with judgment follows and they flee underground. 

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)
Noble Member

There was a Simpson episode with him dead. It was disturbing.

1 Reply
Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)

Illustrious Member

@heidi 

Do you know the date it was aired?  I’m curious if it was shown before he became president?  

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)
Noble Member

I don't remember. I think I watched it after he became president, but could have been filmed anytime. 

I just Googled "Simpson predictions about trump", several videos came up.  

2 Replies
Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)

Illustrious Member

@heidi 

I used google and duck duck go and both search engines are consistent with listing numerous sources that debunk/called it “fake news” of that social media clips out there … “claiming the Simpsons showed Donald Trump in a coffin.”

IMDb, Politi Fact, The Daily Dot, The Independent, WION, The Ithaca Journal, Buzz Feed, Distractify “Fact-check” said - The Simpson’ never killed off Donald Trump …”  Leadstories “Fact-check” The Simpsons TV show “did NOT air a scene that showed Donald Trump in a coffin”. Movie Web said “Twitter and other social media platforms have been buzzing about Donald Trump 8/27/2022 death from covid.  “It’s FAKE”.  FACEBOOK WION - said “Did the Simpsons predict Donald Trump death …” why did you not just say “Fake” in your headline instead of making a misleading title?  Oh that’s right, because no one would view it …“

So to sum it up … apparently someone talented with movie/cartoon animation background made a fake death scene clip and used the Simpson tv characters to imply it came from the Simpson tv show … to get others on social media to view it for laughs? Perhaps even more sinister to give out computer viruses, etc.? Unsure   Just be careful when viewing YouTube’s on twitter/X, Facebook, etc. 

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)

Noble Member

@geri9 Thanks for checking and sharing.

I saw it on youtube, not a real Simpson episode. 

Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)
Noble Member

I remember something about that...

2 Replies
Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)

Illustrious Member

@perhapstoday 

Do you remember seeing it on the actual TV Simpson program or did you view it from your computer and it was a clip from twitter or YouTube claiming it came from the TV show? 

Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)

Noble Member

@geri9 Probably my computer, like in a news feed. I didn't watch it on TV.

Paul R
Registered
(@paulr)
Reputable Member

Creepy Joe could easily be a character on The Addams Family.

1 Reply
Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)

Noble Member

@paulr What do you mean' Could be'  lol

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

War on Women: Biden Regime Proudly Abolishes Title IX – Will Now Force Women to Allow Biological Men in Their Locker Rooms, On their Team Sports and in Their Bathrooms:

On Friday, the Biden regime proudly announced that women will be forced to allow men in their locker rooms and bathrooms with a new 1577-page Title IX ruling.

Women will be forced to compete against men.  And women will be forced to accept men on their sports teams.  Women and young girls will be forced to share locker rooms and bathrooms based on gender identity rather than biological sex.

And, as May Mailman, Director of the Independent Women’s Law Center, notes, Title IX is not a college law.  This will impact girls as young as those in the Headstart program, geared to children from three to five-year olds, those in daycare, and those in Kindergarten through 12th grade.

Preferred pronouns are also now mandated, and even the single use of the “wrong” pronoun can require discipline.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/biden-regime-proudly-abolishes-title-ix-will-now/

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

'Historic mistake': Law professor takes apart Alvin Bragg's case against Trump — then predicts the outcome:

Jed Handelsman Shugerman, a law professor at Boston University, thinks Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's prosecution of Donald Trump is a "historic mistake."

Shugerman made that conclusion after witnessing opening arguments on Monday in which prosecutors alleged Trump "orchestrated a criminal scheme to corrupt the 2016 presidential election."

In short, prosecutors claim Trump falsified business records to interfere in the 2016 election.
"As a reality check, it is legal for a candidate to pay for a nondisclosure agreement. Hush money is unseemly, but it is legal," Shugerman wrote.

According to Shugerman, there are "three red flags raising concerns about selective prosecution" in the case, all three of which concern the novel legal theory prosecutors are using against Trump for which there is no precedent.

"Eight years after the alleged crime itself, it is reasonable to ask if this is more about Manhattan politics than New York law," Shugerman wrote. "This case should serve as a cautionary tale about broader prosecutorial abuses in America."

He added, "This case is still an embarrassment of prosecutorial ethics and apparent selective prosecution."

Still, Shugerman said the legal process should play itself out — but predicted Trump may ultimately win.

"If Monday’s opening is a preview of exaggerated allegations, imprecise legal theories, and persistently unaddressed problems, the prosecutors might not win a conviction at all," he said.

George Washington Law School professor Jonathan Turley holds similar views about the case. On Monday, Turley said he is left in "utter disbelief" that Bragg chose to prosecute the case, which he described as "an embarrassment."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/shugerman-trump-trial-historic-mistake   

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

New York District Attorney Refuses to Pull Over for Police Because She ‘Didn’t Feel Like Stopping’:

A New York district attorney refused to stop when a cop tried to pull her over for speeding, instead driving back to her house to call the chief of police to complain that she “didn’t feel like stopping” and demanded officers “leave me alone.”

Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley has faced a massive outpouring of backlash following the Town of Webster’s release of police body camera footage of her dramatics on Monday. 

While she admitted to driving 55 mph in a 35 mph zone in a Thursday statement obtained by 13ABC, she justified her refusal to pull over by saying her house was just “down the street.”

When the officer informed her that she was speeding 20 mph over the limit, the footage showed Doorley snapping back with “I don’t really care.”

She then could be heard asking Webster Chief of Police Dennis Kohlmeier over the phone: “Can you please tell them to leave me alone?”

Doorley refused to step out of her garage when the officer asked, prompting him to join her inside. 

While she initially claimed that she did not see the cop’s lights or hear the sirens, she later changed her story to just not thinking she should be pulled over. 

The officer tried to explain that he was just doing his job and that Doorley “knows better” than to ignore police orders, but she dismissively said, “I know the law better than you.”

“Glad that if I travel to Rochester NY I don’t have to follow the laws because ‘I don’t feel like it,'” wrote one X user. 

“Can you publish the police chief’s number so we can call if we are pulled over?” asked another commenter. “Only fair, no?”

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2024/04/27/watch-new-york-district-attorney-refuses-to-pull-over-for-police-because-she-didnt-feel-like-stopping/   

4 Replies
Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)

Noble Member

@patrician OK, but what was the end result of this....

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)

Illustrious Member

@perhapstoday 

The article says, "Doorley added that she pleaded to the traffic offense on Tuesday and “sent the ticket to the Webster Town Court because I believe in accepting responsibility for my actions and had no intention of using my position to receive a benefit.”

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)

Illustrious Member

Reading a different article, I found more about this (also there is a police body cam video at the link):

The Rochester City Council wants a state inquiry into Doorley’s conduct.

The council members wrote to Attorney General Letitia James: "Recent body camera footage, shared by the Webster Police Department, has raised significant concerns regarding Ms. Doorley’s behavior during a traffic stop in Webster, New York. This incident has led us to question her fitness to serve as District Attorney, and we believe an investigation by your office is warranted."

The lawmakers declared that public officials should be "held to the highest standards of ethics, accountability and respect for the law," and that Doorley’s behavior "appears to violate these standards."

The council members added, "Such behavior undermines the credibility and integrity of our justice system and erodes public trust."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-york-district-attorney-traffic-stop-bodycam-video

Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)

Noble Member

@patrician Thank you Patricia.

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Another Biden Disaster: US Troops Now Being Forced Out of Chad – As a Majority of Troops are Being Forced Out of Neighboring Niger – Abandoning a $100 Million Airbase:

Another Joe Biden foreign policy disaster is in the works.

Joe Biden already turned over the Bagram Airbase in Afghanistan to Taliban terrorists in September 2021.

Biden abandoned Afghanistan’s Bagram Airfield after nearly 20 years in July by shutting off the electricity and slipping away in the night without notifying the base’s Afghan commander, who discovered the Americans’ secret departure more than two hours after they left.

The Taliban quickly took control of Bagram Air Base, which is only 30 miles north of Kabul, on August 15th and released thousands of terrorists held at its prison. The Americans and Afghans left the Taliban military equipment, uniforms, rations and even sports drinks.  The ISIS suicide bomber who murdered 13 US servicemen and women and 169 Afghans was released by the Taliban from the Bagram Base prison in July.
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) exposed the latest Biden foreign policy failure – this time in Niger, Africa.  US troops are trapped in the country allegedly without water and medicine. The Army was likely hiding this to protect itself from embarrassment. Deployed Americans are in limbo and unable to do their jobs and the Biden State Department is completely outmaneuvered once again.
It now appears the US has a trade offer from the military junta in Niger.  The Russian-backed military junta in Niger will release the 1,000 US soldiers trapped at the base in exchange for the keys to the $100 million American airbase in the country.

This report is unbelievable. The US is no longer respected under Joe Biden.  The AP reported:

The United States will pull the majority of its troops from Chad and Niger as it works to restore key agreements governing what role there might be there for the American military and its counterterrorism operations, the Pentagon said Thursday.

Page 22 / 23
Share: