429 Posts
17 Users
1894 Reactions
Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Nolte: Gallup Poll Shows Growing Backlash Against Electric Vehicles:

The latest polling from Gallup shows that public support for transitioning to electric vehicles (EVs) has dropped by quite a lot since 2023.

Normal People are not surprised by this. 

And here’s where things get really ugly…

“[L]ess than half of adults, 44%, now say they are either seriously considering or might consider buying an EV … down from 55% in 2023[.]”

Those who never intend to buy an EV jumped from 41 to 48 percent.

This fairly dramatic change occurred over a single year. Generally, a movement of this size occurs over several years, not one.

So what changed?

Well, the idea of owning an EV is much more appealing than the reality. With the help of the corrupt corporate media, the Biden administration put the pedal to the metal to create a bandwagon effect around the EV, mainly as a way to distract people from Biden’s sky-high gas prices. For a while, it worked. Everyone gave the EV serious thought. This increased purchases and interest. What likely happened from there, between 2023 and 2024, is that people began to research EVs and discovered the truth about how impractical they are.

First, there’s the upfront cost to purchase an EV. Maintenance can cost a lot more if you need a repair. The weight of an EV eats through tires faster, and tires are not cheap. Finally, there’s the risk and inconvenience. You always have to worry about finding a charging station, then you have to worry if the station is operable, then you have to worry if there’s a line, then you have to wait around for about an hour for your vehicle to charge.

What is the upside?  Personally, I don’t see it. 

EVs make no sense to me, and I don’t see how they help the environment when most of the electricity used to charge them comes from burning fossil fuels—not that I believe the whole Climate Change argument.

The EV sales boom is tapering off because pretty much everyone who wanted an EV purchased one. I don’t see the EV becoming mainstream until charging is as fast and convenient as gassing up.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2024/04/09/nolte-gallup-poll-shows-growing-backlash-against-electric-vehicles/   

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)
Noble Member
Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member
5 Replies
Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)

Noble Member

@patrician do we know if he killed his wife and Ron?

Terry
Registered
(@terry)

Noble Member

@heidi Does anybody really know?  At the time, my boss (black lawyer) thought the first son did it and OJ was covering for him.

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)

Illustrious Member

@heidi  Have you heard of the "Innocence Project"?  They look for people in prison who are not guilty of the crimes they are in for. Sometimes with DNA proof and other digging, the prisoners are released because they really are not guilty.

I heard on TV today that they looked into O.J.'s case but they said the evidence pointed to his actually being guilty.

Yohanan
(@yohanan)

Famed Member

@heidi OJ said he would spend his last dollar looking for his wife's killer. Instead he spent his money on golf courses. That spoke volumes to me.

Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)

Noble Member

@yohanan Because he already knew who the killer was.......................

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Seattle Dance Team Could Not Perform Because U.S. Flag Uniforms Made People Feel ‘Triggered and Unsafe’:

A Seattle women’s dance squad could not perform in American flag-themed uniforms at a country dance event because some attendees felt “triggered and unsafe.”

Rain Country Dance Association, a nonprofit group that hosts events to bring the country and western dance scene to the “queer” community, reportedly told the Borderline dancers that their red, white, and blue shirts were “offensive.”

“Unfortunately, what our team was met with upon arrival was that our flag tops were offensive to some of the convention goers. There was a small group that felt ‘triggered and unsafe,'” Borderline Dance Team wrote on Facebook. 

“At first we were told we would just be booed, yelled at, and, likely, many of them would walk out. This did not deter us,” the dance squad said. “But then we were given an ultimatum.”

Members said they were told to “remove the flag tops and perform in either street clothes (which most didn’t bring, as they traveled there in their uniforms) or they would supply us with ECH shirts from years past…Or, don’t perform at all, which, effectively, was asking us to leave.”

“We all understood and accepted this and walked out with class and dignity despite the discrimination we had experienced,” the group’s Facebook post explained. 

https://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2024/04/11/seattle-dance-team-could-not-perform-because-u-s-flag-uniforms-made-people-feel-triggered-and-unsafe/

2 Replies
Terry
Registered
(@terry)

Noble Member

@patrician That's the sort of outfits we wore when I was line dancing.

Yohanan
(@yohanan)

Famed Member

@patrician "There was a small group that felt ‘triggered and unsafe,'” 

They should be departed to the Gaza Strip or better yet, Iran or North Korea! I'm pretty fed up with these "people".

Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)
Noble Member

I love those uniforms.

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

California Fast Food Franchisee Hurries to Install Kiosks as $20 Minimum Wage Slams Businesses:

A major fast-food franchisee in California, Harsh Ghai, is rushing to install kiosks at his restaurants to save money as the $20 minimum wage affects businesses.

Ghai owns approximately 180 fast food locations in the state, which include Burger Kings, Taco Bells, and Popeyes, Business Insider reported Friday.  “We are installing kiosks in every single restaurant,” Ghai explained.

In March, a major McDonald’s franchisee in Los Angeles criticized Gov. Gavin Newsom’s (D) minimum wage law forcing fast food businesses to raise employees’ pay to at least $20 an hour, Breitbart News reported.

California’s mandate that fast food workers be paid $20 an hour, at minimum, went into effect on April 1, Breitbart News reported on April 2.  “While some workers will receive raises, others are likely to lose their jobs to automation or cutbacks. Minimum wage hikes tend to eliminate jobs for the most vulnerable, least-skilled workers in jobs that do not produce enough revenue to support the high wage level,” it added.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2024/04/12/california-fast-food-franchisee-hurries-install-kiosks-20-minimum-wage-slams-businesses/

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Biden Education Secretary Miguel Cardona Refuses to Say Whether Men and Women ‘Are Physically Different’:

Education Secretary Miguel Cardona refused to answer whether or not men and women have physical differences during a House Appropriations Committee budget hearing on Wednesday.

The question asked to Cardona during the budget hearing was in reference to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) announcing on Monday that they are blocking males who identify as females from playing in women’s sports.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/11/biden-education-secretary-miguel-cardona-not-say-men-women-physically-different/

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Maher: Abortion ‘Kind of Is’ Murder, ‘I’m Just Okay With That’:

On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” host Bill Maher said that it’s wrong to argue that pro-life people are sexist, and pro-lifers believe abortion is “murder, and it kind of is. I’m just okay with that. I am. There [are] 8 billion people in the world, I’m sorry, we won’t miss you. That’s my position on that.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/13/maher-abortion-kind-of-is-murder-im-just-okay-with-that/   

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

ANOTHER ONE: Anti-Israel Protesters Shut Down Entire Golden Gate Bridge, Backing Up Traffic for Miles:

The Gateway Pundit previously reported that pro-Hamas agitators are blocked off a road entering Chicago O’Hare Airport while police are doing nothing, forcing some travelers to ditch their cars and walk to the airport. Now, they have completely shut down the Golden Gate Bridge as police arrive to confront them in riot gear.

According to KGO-TV, the protest started Monday morning on Northbound I-880 in Oakland where agitators blocked every single lane. They brought barrels onto the roadway and reportedly chained themselves to the barrels.  KRON-4 reports sidewalks on the bridge are also closed to bikes and pedestrians thanks to the illegal protest.

In the video below [at link], the protesters can be seen holding signs reading “Stop the World for Gaza” and End the Siege on Gaza Now!”

[I just heard on TV news that the Golden Gate Bridge blockage lasted for five hours.]

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/another-one-anti-israel-protesters-shut-down-entire/   

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)
Noble Member

I would like to come up to each one of these protesters with a one way ticket to Gaza and tell them to take it and go fight for their liberation. (since they seem to care so much)

If they don't want it, I will tell them: then shut up, go home and stop your demonstrations. 

Page 26 / 33
Share: