Vision Of The Gate

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
 Tom
(@tomb)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter

I once had a vision of walking down this long mountain road with sheer cliffs going up on one side and a thousand foot drop offs on the other. As I walked carefully trying to stay in the middle of the road and having to stop often and catch my breath, I finally reached the top of the road and there was this huge shiny gate that had a large semi-circle sign over the top that read "WHOSOEVER WILL MAY ENTER".

Just on the other side of the gate and along the side of the road I could see a large cross. It too had a sign attached to the top of it which read, "Jesus Paid in Full" and I could see below the sign and all the way down that old rugged cross the red stain of what appeared to be blood.

I looked down the road of the other side of the gate, straining to see where it went hoping to get a glimpse of what was on the other side but could not see as the road went down and around a bend of the mountain. I wanted so much to see what was at the end of the road but just couldn't see far enough unless I could get on the other side of the gate.

I started looking for an opening in the gate so I could go down the road and find where it went. I could not find an opening but as I looked this iron gate with its beautiful scroll work and detail, I noticed stuck into one of the creases of the iron works a small paper scroll. I carefully reached up and picked it out of its resting place and opened it up.

"BY FAITH IN CHRIST ALONE YOU HAVE BEEN SET FREE FROM THE PENALTY OF SIN AND CAN NOW ENTER INTO HIS REST"

I stared at the paper and then look through the iron gate at the blood stained empty cross and its sign of "Jesus Paid in Full". I stepped back and looked at the sign above the gate once again and read WHOSOEVER WILL MAY ENTER. So, I thought to myself, THAT is the Key to opening this gate. I fell on my knees and cried out, "I believe in You Jesus, I am willing to enter, please forgive me and open the gate and set me free from my sin against You."

As I looked up, the gate swung open and I got up and walked through. As I turned and looked back at the narrow but beautiful gate, I could see on the back side of the sign above the gate the words, "CHOSEN BEFORE THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD"

And then the vision was over and I was left to ponder all I had seen. :scratch:

Unknown author

Posted : March 10, 2019 11:25 am
Yohanan
(@yohanan)
Illustrious Member Moderator

The struggle to see further into His Kingdom would be maddening! So close and yet unable to see down the road. Beautiful vision, Tom!

Posted : March 10, 2019 1:23 pm
(@tenderreed)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thanks for sharing Tom!  :amen:

TR

Posted : March 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Share: