The Parable of the Ten Minas. Luke 19:11 - 26

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Yohanan
(@yohanan)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter

This mornings devotions was Luke chapter 19 and in that chapter is the parable of the ten minas. Most of us have read it plenty of times however in one of the commentaries I read, from Jon Courson, was the following:

Luke 19:16-26

Fair use

The one who is faithful in investing the pound—be it time, tithe, or gospel—will be given ten cities to rule. The one who is semi-faithful will be given five cities. The one who is faithless will lose the opportunity of service altogether. In other words, Jesus is telling us that the reward for good work is more work.

"If the reward for work is more work, why work?" you might ask. Although everyone will be elated in heaven, those who are presently faithful will be challenged and excited. They will grow and develop. On the other hand, those who didn't invest their time, talents, or finances in heaven will walk the streets of gold wishing they had been given responsibility in the kingdom.

What really struck me was the last sentence. How much of ourselves do we put out there for His Kingdom or are we simply sitting around waiting for Him to bail us out? I never feel like I put out enough so it struck a nerve with me.

Posted : May 7, 2019 8:17 am
(@geri7)
Famed Member Registered

I believe everyone will feel they didn’t do enough because we are human and its easy to slack off/get distracted and tired from running the race.  But I believe a special blessing is given to the church saints who receive the crown(s) .. we will co-reign with Jesus.

Revelation 1:6

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

II Timothy 2:12

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us.

Now check out the job duties for the tribulation saints -Revelation 7:14-15 ... I’m not trying to down play this but it looks like they will solely be working in the temple day and night as priests.  Does this mean they can’t visit other parts of heaven, other planets or the earth?  Is this the price they pay for putting off receiving Christ before the rapture?   I know some Christians that are satisfied with the role of being a priest ... I’m going to be honest and say ... I rather have the position of some rulership position because the job duties sure seem more exciting doesn’t it?  Then my question is ... those in the church age group who don’t earn crown(s) are they still going to be assigned leadership roles of ruling or will they be assigned as priests serving in the Temple?

Revelation 7:14-15

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

—————————-
Dr. David Murray

Crowned with the crown of righteousness (2 Tim. 4:8), the crown of life (Jas. 1:12; Rev. 2:10), and the crown of glory (1 Peter 5:4), we will access and enjoy the King’s power, possessions, and authority, including even ruling over the angels (1 Cor. 6:3). As Christ promised, the meek shall inherit the earth (Matt. 5:5), and part of that will involve specific responsibilities according to our faithfulness in this world (Luke 19:17).

“But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever” (Dan. 7:18).

Present Reign

In fact, not only will Christians reign with Christ in the future, but that co-reigning has already begun! By reason of our union with Christ, we have been raised up and made to sit together with Him in heavenly places (Eph. 2:4-6). By virtue of our inseparable union and connection with Him, we already sit on His throne with Him. Where He is, we are.

We also reign with Him because He puts His royal power in our hearts to break sin’s dominion. Faith in Christ brings His powerful dominion over sin, the world, and the devil into our lives. “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith” (1 John 5:4).

A third way we already share in Christ’s reign is as office-bearers in His church: “And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven” (Matt. 16:19). Christ has delegated spiritual authority to execute His instructions on earth.

Christian believer, you are already a king and share the kingship of Christ. He has “made you a king and a priest unto God” (Rev. 1:6).

Future reign

No matter how much believers reign with Christ now, the greatest experience of co-regency lies ahead, beginning with the moment of death.

Although death seems such a moment of weakness of defeat and loss, in reality it’s a moment of victory, of power, and of triumph. At death, the believer fully triumphs over sin, death, and the devil in his soul. He is not defeated by them but defeats them. Just as Christ reigns over sin, death, and the devil, so they do too in a new way. They enter into a new and powerful life; no longer a life of losses and disappointments but of gain and of triumph.

This reign climaxes at the last judgment when the believer’s body is reunited with the soul and shares in the soul’s power and authority. Sin, death, the devil, and the world will be under our feet.

But there’s more. Crowned with the crown of righteousness (2 Tim. 4:8), the crown of life (Jas. 1:12; Rev. 2:10), and the crown of glory (1 Peter 5:4), we will access and enjoy the King’s power, possessions, and authority, including even ruling over the angels (1 Cor. 6:3). As Christ promised, the meek shall inherit the earth (Matt. 5:5), and part of that will involve specific responsibilities according to our faithfulness in this world (Luke 19:17).

“But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever” (Dan. 7:18).

-Fair use for information and discussion purposes-

Posted : May 7, 2019 10:37 am
(@geri7)
Famed Member Registered

Here’s another thought ...

We who are longing for Jesus to return ... it is a given ... we will be receiving the Crown of Righteousness and I’m sure there will be other crowns handed out as well, if we were faithful.  But already ... here is 1 Crown given out which leads to a rulership position.  Woohoo!

Sadly though the Christians who are not looking for Jesus to come back, will not receive the easiest achievable crown.  Then I think of the Shepherds Crown for the pastors.  If they are not preaching the Gospel and/or fail to teach about the rapture, will they still be entitled to the Shepherds Crown award?  I think not.

II Timothy 4:8

”Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”

Posted : May 7, 2019 11:38 am
KolleenWStone
(@kolleenwhitestone)
Noble Member Moderator

I have wondered at times about this John. Through the years there have been times where the need and desire for the Rapture has seemed stronger than sharing testimonies from living and walking out Jesus great commission; not in works, but led and raised up by the Holy Spirit. If any feel we are lacking, all we need to do is ask the Lord to put those people and situations in need of salvation, prayer or ministry, in our paths, and He will do it. :bible

Posted : May 9, 2019 10:10 am
Share: