159 Posts
13 Users
806 Likes
Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)
Illustrious Member

😂 Oh, too funny!

Hey, my grandparents also met at the dance halls in the 1930’s. Hold that Tiger, the Peabody, etc. dances were all the rage back then. When my grandfather proposed to her he said he loves to travel so my grandmother thought ooh la la she will be going places overseas (dreaming of Paris, Rome …)  Nope!  His idea of “traveling” was taken the subway train into NYC and watching the planes take off at LaGuardia and had lunch “airport food”. 🤣  One time in the 1960’s he did adventure out of his zip code and drove her down the east coast to Miami. When he stopped for gas he asked the attendant where am I?  He heard in a southern accent “Pee Dee, SC” and there were no normal indoor plumbing bathrooms … only an out house. 😂  My poor grandmother had to wait until they got to “Pedro’s South of the Border”. 

1 Reply
Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)

Famed Member

@geri9 Too funny — my parents met in High school and I met my hubby in High School — we all traveled in and out of country thank you to the US Navy ROTFL  

But as to the dance floor — yeah no that was never in our blood at any level Calvin  

Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)
Famed Member

Born in 1957 — the best of both worlds and still not that old — but looking for the heavenly body just the same ROTFL  

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)
Noble Member

Terry
Registered
(@terry)
Noble Member
car and boat
4 Replies
Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)

Noble Member

@terry That is sweet brother....

Yohanan
(@yohanan)

Famed Member

@terry A turquoise '59 Impala with matching boat! Oh, I want THAT!!! Yes

Terry
Registered
(@terry)

Noble Member

@yohanan And a handsome driver!

Kent
 Kent
Registered
(@erby)

Prominent Member

@terry TOO NICE!!!

Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)
Illustrious Member

That was a Chevy Impala? Really cool car! Amazing how the look kept revolving.  My dad owned a 1974 Chevy Impala .. it was more conservative and so roomy and had 4 doors! compared to his other “family” car 🙄 1969 2 door Pontiac Custom S.  How we all fit 4 kids and a dog in the back seat was a miracle.  Nobody could move and we were all young and tooth picks back then. Even the trunk couldn’t fit all our suitcases 😆 we were told to deflate the rafts, inner tubes, etc. and it was like the question always came up “do you REALLY need to take this?”  And of course our answer was yes, yes … we need the mega size water cooler to store our cold drinks, sandwiches, etc. 🤣  So … we had to use brown paper grocery bags to pack our clothes in.  And another paper bag was for our footwear mostly flip flops. And another paper bag was for our goodies/snacks.  We would line up the paper bags down the staircase to the front door landing and my dog went nuts when he saw all the paper bags on display because that meant we were going away and he didn’t want to get left behind. He was the first one inside that sports car waiting. 😂  One time traveling to the mountains in PA the trunk wasn’t fully secured from all the bags squeezed in and it popped open and the wind blew some of our clothes and flip flops out including my dog’s sweater got blown away. 🤣  We never found the items so my mom had to quickly knit him a new sweater and used all scraps of yarn … it became a coat of many rainbow colors.  Today I wouldn’t dare put that sweater on my fur baby … 

1 Reply
Yohanan
(@yohanan)

Famed Member

@geri9 That was a Chevy Impala? Really cool car! Amazing how the look kept revolving.  My dad owned a 1974 Chevy Impala .. it was more conservative and so roomy and had 4 doors!

By the end of the 1950's cars had become quite extravagant. Chrome and flare were a big deal. The '59 Cadillac was the epitome of this. By 1960 everything from fashion to cars took a more conservative look. Gone were those huge tail fins on the cars. By 1966 fashion took a turn for the worse and has never really recovered.

maxresdefault

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)
Noble Member
IMG 20240413 WA0004
Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)
Famed Member

Saw this Funny

”Amazon should have delivered the Iranian drones to Israel last night, it would not have taken less than 8 hours for the drones to reach Israel.” Groan ROTFL ROTFL  

Truth — that whole thing was a set up —- between the Biden/Obama admin and Iran — what a farce —evil perpetuating evil! Calvin  

Yohanan
Topic starter
(@yohanan)
Famed Member
438109662 10162247589843539 6747153405502531515 n
Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)
Noble Member

I knew that was coming.

Yohanan
Topic starter