573 Posts
16 Users
2618 Reactions
15.2 K Views
Perhaps Today
Registered
(@perhapstoday)
Noble Member

This is the lowest of the low for the United States.

Terry
Registered
(@terry)
Noble Member

I'll tell you where they are as long as you won't do anything about it.  Isn't it about time for us to get out of the way and this place burn?

1 Reply
Yohanan
(@yohanan)

Illustrious Member

@terry It is!

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Douglas Murray: No One Tells Ukraine ‘Don’t Win Too Much’ Like They Do Israel:

On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” columnist and The Spectator Associate Editor Douglas Murray stated that Israel is “never allowed to win.” And there’s a double standard at play, because no one tells Ukraine, “hold on, don’t win too much.”

Murray said, “I can’t speak to whether anyone is starving. It’s a bad situation in Gaza, because Hamas started a war. And Israel is stuck in this very, very strange position of having to supply food to the area controlled by its enemy. … There are food trucks going through all the time, but, of course, the situation is terrible, because the situation could end at any point if Hamas did what they’ve been asked to do repeatedly, for six months, which is to give back the hostages. And now, my view is that there’s — and I’ve seen the conflict up close, and I still believe that, first of all, you can’t just put out 80% of a fire, you have to put out the whole thing. You can’t destroy 80% of Hamas, you can’t not get the leader who masterminded [October 7], Sinwar, and that’s all in Rafah.”

He continued, “And the second thing is, I don’t think there’s any law of war that says you can start a war and then, when you begin to lose it, you say, let’s pretend we didn’t start it."

And yet, the Israelis, never allowed to win. Very strange.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/05/11/douglas-murray-no-one-tells-ukraine-dont-win-too-much-like-they-do-israel/#disqus_thread   

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Iranian Lawmaker: ‘In My Opinion, We Have Achieved Nuclear Weapons’:

Iranian member of Parliament Ahmad Bakhshayesh Ardestani said in an interview this weekend that he believed his country had successfully developed a nuclear weapon, contrary to international law, but would not admit to it.

Ardestani claimed that Iran would still claim to be abiding by the “Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action” (JCPOA), the 2015 agreement brokered by American President Barack Obama that dramatically reduced sanctions on Tehran in exchange for promises not to expand its nuclear development. Iran has consistently violated the nuclear deal for years; President Donald Trump withdrew from the deal in 2018 but the other four countries that joined the JCPOA – China, France, Germany, Russia, and the United Kingdom – remain parties to it.

The lawmaker raised the possibility that Iran already possessed a nuclear weapon in an interview on Friday with the website Rouydad 24.

“In my opinion, we have achieved nuclear weapons, but we do not announce it. It means our policy is to possess nuclear bombs, but our declared policy is currently within the framework of the JCPOA,” Iran International translated Ardestani as saying. “The reason is that when countries want to confront others, their capabilities must be compatible, and Iran’s compatibility with America and Israel means that Iran must have nuclear weapons.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/13/iranian-lawmaker-in-my-opinion-we-have-achieved-nuclear-weapons/   

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

UN Cuts Estimate of Children Killed in Gaza by 50%; Blames ‘Fog of War’ for Errors:

The United Nations has cut its estimate of Palestinian children killed in Gaza by half, calling into question the figures frequently used by international news outlets and governments to criticize Israel’s war against Hamas in Gaza.

David Adesnik, the Senior Fellow and Director of Research at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, responded: “This change may signal that the UN has finally recognized the lack of evidence behind Hamas’s original claims that more than 14,000 children and 9,000 women have been killed in Gaza. If so, the UN should state clearly that it has lost confidence in sources whose credibility it has affirmed for months. While this change may only reflect the conclusion of one UN office out of the many operating in Gaza, it is a clear step forward.”

The Jewish News Syndicate (JNS) asked UN officials about the change. The UN blamed the “fog of war."

Media outlets repeatedly cite casualty figures from Gaza’s health ministry, which is controlled by Hamas, that show thousands more casualties and do not distinguish between deaths of civilians or terrorists, or between those killed by errant Palestinian rockets and those killed by Israeli fire.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/13/un-cuts-estimate-of-children-killed-in-gaza-by-50-blames-fog-of-war-for-errors/   

Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)
Illustrious Member
The tension builds … I don’t know about you but after reading these headline news articles … I just sense something BIG is going to happen soon  … 

Per Keegan

Per Jerusalem Post
May 12, 2024

Palestinian terror groups meet in Damascus, Wink claim they will fight IDF in Rafah ….

The report was made to Arab media, which stated that members of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad had met other Palestinian factions in Damascus, Wink though the names of the groups were not specified. 

Per Amir

🎈Happy Birthday Israel!🎈

IMG 4730

Per Israel National News 
May 14, 2024

Temple Mount:  Jewish worshiper raises Israeli flag, sings national anthem 

Temple Mount opens to Jews in honor of Independence Day, hundreds ascend Mount to pray … 

The reaction … 

The Palestinian channels are "bothered" this morning by the waving of Israeli flags in the Temple Mount area on the occasion of Independence Day.

- Fair Use -

so we watch and wait  Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Terry
Registered
(@terry)
Noble Member

And the eclipses had to mean something.

Thanks for the flag pic.  I'm going to post that on my ladies forum.

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Amir Tsarfati:

Israel’s Memorial Day for the fallen soldiers and victims of terror:
My team and I stood still for two minutes as the siren went off across the country. [yesterday]
Happy 76th Independence Day, Israel!
With his announcement to halt the delivery of weapons, Mr. Biden has shredded Mr. Bush’s letter to Sharon. The consequences will be catastrophic even if Israel prevails in Gaza. The entire region and the world are closely watching leaders renege on commitments and strategic partnerships.
An American statement used to be like the U.S. dollar—universally coveted and esteemed. But times have changed and the dollar’s value, much like presidential assurances, has diminished. It should come as no surprise that countries such as Saudi Arabia now have a new list of demands for Washington, from a nuclear reactor to a defense alliance.
Now, instead of delivering promised support to an ally, the U.S. is hindering efforts. By halting the shipment of weapons to Israel, it is effectively sending Hamas the most potent weapon of all: hope.
The Palestinian channels are "bothered" this morning by the waving of Israeli flags in the Temple Mount area on the occasion of Independence Day.
Senior American officials confirm:
"Israel has finished mobilizing enough forces to launch a large-scale operation in Rafah. Israel has made a final decision to launch a large-scale operation in Rafah. About half a million civilians have been evacuated from Rafah."
The Americans sold stories about a humanitarian disaster, about the weeks it would take to evacuate the refugees, to a lack of infrastructure to receive them, and what turns out in the end? Within a week at least half a million refugees left Rafah - there is no doubt that Biden simply does not want us to eliminate Hamas!

Israel should fully deploy forces into Rafah this week, the city is empty, there are almost no refugees. IDF forces at the entrance to the refugee camps in Rafah (Shaboura and Brazil) - progress is faster than expected!
Israeli tanks have entered the neighborhoods of Al-Jneina, Al-Salam and Al-Brazil in Rafah. The last remaining battalions of Hamas are being destroyed as we speak.
Next will be the uncovering of Hamas’s monstrous underground tunnel systems. That’s what Egypt is worrying the most about!
In 1922, the British gave away over 3/4 of the land reserved as the Jewish homeland to Arabs. The much larger portion of land went to the Arabs.

Jordan is the original two-state solution. In fact, Jordan was closed off to Jewish settlement. The British bent over backwards to appease the Arabs.

Today, Arabs remain displeased. They continue to want it all, even though they occupy large portions of the land that was reserved for the Jews. The “Palestinian” identity was born as a means to an end.
Breaking: Armed terrorists spotted inside an UNRWA logistics center in Rafah, alongside UN vehicles.  Terrorists are seen armed inside the compound and shooting civilians right outside.
The UN and Hamas are the same!
The EU adopted the Migration Pact today.
It introduces a “mandatory migrant relocation quota system” forcing all states to receive some of the migrants arriving by boat to the EU or be fined EUR 20000 for each migrant rejected.
Only Poland, Hungary & Slovakia voted against.
https://t.me/s/beholdisraelchannel   

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Jews in Europe are removing the mezuzah off their door to hide their Judaism:

In an interview with the Guardian, Rabbi Pinchas Goldschmidt, President of the Conference of European Rabbis says that since October 7th and the ensuing war in Gaza, the Jewish communities across Europe have been grappling with a wave of increased hate speech, vandalism, harassment, and threats.

Some Jews in Europe have even consulted local rabbis on halachic questions in an attempt to find out whether it is permitted to remove Jewish symbols out of concern for their safety.

"The statistics show an increase of hundreds of percent in antisemitism throughout Europe. Many Jews are trying to hide their Judaism. One of the most common questions to Rabbis since October 7th is whether it is possible to take the mezuzah off the door. This says a lot," said Rabbi Goldschmidt.

He added that, "Other precautions that some people took included wearing hats instead of the traditional yarmulkah (skullcap) on the street, and avoiding speaking Hebrew when riding in Ubers. There used to be a red line between anti-Zionism and antisemitism. We have seen this red line disappear. I think that ultimately this is not a problem for the Jewish community. Ultimately, this is a big problem for Europe at large. This situation in the streets is destabilizing our society."

Rabbi Goldschmidt was asked if he was afraid that the verbal threats would also turn into physical violence, to which he replied, "It never stops with words."

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/389944    

Patricia N.
Registered
(@patrician)
Illustrious Member

Netanyahu photographed wrapping tefillin for the first time:

On Sunday, Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu shared a poignant photo on social media, depicting himself donning tefillin – a rare public display for the leader. The image was accompanied by a heartfelt caption on Instagram: "'And all the peoples of the earth shall see that the name of the Lord is called upon you, and they shall fear you.' Ruchama, the mother of Moshiko Dvino, may his memory be blessed, who fell in Operation Protective Edge, brought me his tefillin. The tefillin were with him at all times during the battles and were the only item that survived the explosion, in which Moshiko was killed. The smell of gunpowder still remains on the tefillin case. I promised Ruchama that I would wear these tefillin for the elevation of Moshiko's soul and the elevation of the souls of all our fallen. This is what I am doing today with holy reverence. May the memory of our fallen be forever blessed and kept in our hearts."

The photo of Netanyahu wearing tefillin drew excited responses online, as it appears to be the first time the prime minister has been publicly captured performing the religious practice. "What a rare picture. You surprised us. Yeshar Koach (well done)," someone commented on Netanyahu's new post. Another wrote: "I am crying with excitement because Netanyahu is a person of substance and depth, and until today he has not agreed to publish a picture of himself with tefillin."

The emotional responses underscore the symbolic weight of the image, which not only pays tribute to a fallen Israeli soldier on Yom HaZikaron but also hints at a potential shift in Netanyahu's public persona, embracing a more overtly religious tone amid the ongoing conflict with Hamas in Gaza.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2024/05/12/netanyahu-photographed-wrapping-tefillin-for-the-first-time/   

Page 35 / 49
Share: