(@yohanan)
Illustrious Member

Carry on! Previous thread here.

30 Replies
KolleenWStone
(@kolleenwhitestone)
Noble Member

PREPPING

Tammie, I agree, I'm all for preparing with certain things because I think it's wisdom in case of any event or disaster. Doesn't have to be just thinking of the deep states agenda....boy....they don't know just how deep THEY'RE gonna all go one day do they!!

I think of the Vermont flooding this week...and the countless tornado disasters for people etc. The unexpected's that displace families from their homes suddenly! There was a huge sparked fired up north from us a couple years ago that took out over 1,000 homes! Just like that! Some of those who scoff as Geri was saying, must think nothing could ever come their way.

Anyway, anything beans that I love the most are refried beans and humus. Tho I made humus once and what a sticky experience! Re: rice, a friend on the mission field shared how she mixed all kinds of various things in to her buttered cooked rice for a one dish meal:

Rice and any canned foods
Rice and cooked veggies
Rice and meats, poultry
Rice and fruits
Rice and beans
Rice and mini sausages
Rice and leftovers
Anything that comes to mind...

My thought with the protein powders for anyone is just, buying some of them hopefully before they are compromised with bug parts!

For us, getting some things is not a problem - finding storage for them is! :unsure: :mdrmdr:

Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)
Famed Member

Kolleen — it is a very sad thing to see the folks that are affected by the weather events and natural disasters as they are called, (I call it the earth groaning under the weight of sin). We have watched the Vermont flood and very sad indeed.

I would agree entirely, it does not hurt to be prepared and each person must decide what that looks like for them. I truly don’t think the bride is going to be here much longer, but I have prepared as much as I felt God leading me too.

Funny thing happened last Sunday. We had some horrific lightening storms and one of the transformers down the road got hit. Yep, knocked the power out for about 8 hours. Well we have three different generators. One if small from Patriot supply, we have that mostly for a few lights and powering our devices. We have a solar one, but that was not powered up and would not have helped with the cloud coverage. We have a duel- gas or propane generator with the purpose of keeping the freezer and refrigerator going, would last as long as we had fuel. The funny part is that we have not used this generator yet, bought it about a year ago brand new and so my hubby went to get it started. Oops, it would not start! Gas was in, but no go. We ended up plugging the refrigerator to my son-in-laws with four long extension cords (we live next door to my youngest daughter and our lots are only half acre lots), so with the extra extension cords it worked. The power came on and no food lost. The next day it was discovered that hubby had forgotten to get oil for the engine and the safety feature would not let it crank, thank the Lord, or it would have been a broken machine… :mdrmdr: :mdrmdr:  lesson learned — get ready before the storm hits, just in case :mdrmdr: :mdrmdr:

MyWhiteStone
Registered
(@mywhitestone)
Noble Member

"Thou SHALT put thy generator to the test!" :good: :yes: :amen:

Nevertheless, "I led them with cords of kindness, with ropes of love..." (Hosea 11:4) :heart: :yes:

Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)
Famed Member

Yep — that was what my wifely comment was :mdrmdr: :mdrmdr: :mdrmdr:   — all in love and respect too :mdrmdr: :mdrmdr:

Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)
Illustrious Member

Regarding the Vermont flooding … yep we’ve been getting more rain than sunshine this summer.  I’m fine where I live .. my place is on higher grounds - have to drive up a hill top.   There is a major river that runs thru the property grounds but its about 6 acres away and have to walk down the mountain to get to the river.  But the homes on lower ground that are built near this river have to be concerned that it keeps rising.

When talking to my brother last night … I asked about my niece since she lives further north and she and her hubby are fine but they had off from work (kind of like a snow day) because the roads getting to work were flooded out.

Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)
Famed Member

Geri - I have been praying for you as I was concerned on where you were in relation to the flood. It is so sad but that is only a drop in the bucket (no pun intended) to what is coming. Glad the Bride will be gone and soon! :prayer-hands:

Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)
Famed Member

So even Amazon has prepped supplies. Look up emergency supplies—-

Another step I think is very important is to have a back up water supply. Small hand held filter straws are highly recommended on survival you tubes.

Many sights discuss back up electricity — got to keep those devices powered up :mdrmdr:

Yohanan
Topic starter
(@yohanan)
Illustrious Member

Many sights discuss back up electricity — got to keep those devices powered up.

I have a couple of these. They work great for charging cell phones and tablets. And they weren't expensive. Around $30 or so.

71mXM2m5SjL._AC_SL1500_

Lee Giblin
Registered
(@gib7)
Estimable Member

Yohanan, I have that charger!  LOL     Right now I'm looking at getting a solar charger generator with a battery big enough to run a small mini fridge /coffee pot.  Saving up the money now as we had major repairs to the hvac and car trans.  I'm praying the Lord leads me to the best deal.  I'm also looking at portable solar fans - put a solar panel out the window and hang on the light fixture. But I'm hoping for Jesus coming to take us home in the next 10 days.

:flyup:

Page 1 / 4
Share: