Penguins

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
 Tom
(@tomb)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter

With all my years of research I never knew this about penguins,it's mighty interesting. I'm not a botanist so I hope it's educational to you. I think you'll find it very interesting. Hope you enjoy it as did I. Good reading.

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica - where do they go ?

Wonder no more !

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.

The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintaining a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

"Freeze a jolly good fellow"

"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

"Then they kick him in the ice hole."

You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you!

Posted : March 7, 2019 9:58 pm
Yohanan
(@yohanan)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I should have looked at the heading this was under! Yep, hook, line, and sinker! :wacko:

Posted : March 8, 2019 5:20 am
MyWhiteStone
(@mywhitestone)
Noble Member Registered

Tom, now that we have a "like" button, we need to ask if Richard can rig up a "HA HA HAAA!!!' button. I laughed out pretty loud. Thanks!

Posted : March 8, 2019 7:46 am
KolleenWStone
(@kolleenwhitestone)
Noble Member Moderator

...And I was going to post on how mean those penguins were Tom... Cry 😉

Posted : March 8, 2019 9:38 am
Sabrenie
(@sabrenie)
Eminent Member Admin

:mdrmdr:

Posted : March 8, 2019 12:14 pm
 Tom
(@tomb)
Topic starter

Yes, I crack up no matter how many times I read it.  :mdrmdr:

Posted : March 8, 2019 2:15 pm
Scott
(@scarbinger)

Tom-- you are  to be given   the SEAL of approval by the  jokes committee--great job good buddy--I like that last line where they just shove  that poor porpoise into the hole--I guess he  wasn't looking very WHALE   ---and  I suppose his life did not  have much Porpoise!  You can Tuna fish but you  can't tune a  piano!    I think that is  a wrong quote!!! Help me out someone!!

Do you remember the short youtube video years ago that has these two  penguins walking briskly side by side and as they go along the others flipper just pushes the other sap into a water hole?!! You can  achieve world peace over a hand shake  if  opposing leaders will view that video!

Posted : March 15, 2019 8:27 am
Share: