(@yohanan)
Illustrious Member

Carry on!

142 Replies
Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)
Famed Member

Geri — I am sorry for your loss and thankful that you will see your brother again, what a blessed thought to know that he will be with you for eternity, what a comfort. May Matt 5:4 be of comfort from His word.

Rest in His assurance dear sister! :rose:

Geri9
Registered
(@geri9)
Illustrious Member

Thank you Terry, Tammie and Heidi for words of comfort, prayers and beautiful song!

I have mix emotions … right now … I have guilt not staying in touch with him because I was tired of the debates … every October after Feast of Trumpets would pass he would, without fail, taunt with his emails and say when is the next rapture bus schedule?  He started to do this after my mom passed away. He was never this way before … he was actually a pre-tribber but then living in California … some of the churches there believed in mid or post trib that he attended.  He went to many - about 3 different ones during the week for their prayer meetings and services.  I think the mind control  at those churches changed his view.  Yet on the other hand he helped me get thru my battle with Lyme.  The prescription meds weren’t doing the job and the health care refused to give any more pills so he felt sorry for me and did a lot of research online and gave me a list of herbs and vitamins to take to kill the infection for good.  So I was grateful for his kindness and caring.  Plus he lost a lot of weight and was doing the juicing like Jack LaLane and was trying to get me to do the same.  What is weird is I was just thinking about him the other day as I was cleaning out that kitchen cabinet of vitamins and thought … should I reach out to him again perhaps he won’t be so annoying this time.

Its weird knowing I can’t communicate with him anymore in this life. Cry   But I have to take comfort it was the Lord’s will for his home going to be yesterday.  As I look back … he did have a few close calls, but it wasn’t his time to go.  He visited us in Vermont in August 2001 and then drove his rental car to Boston to sight see over there and flew out of Logan airport on his return flight but his original ticket was for mid September but he switched it out to visit us a month earlier. And he was in a terrible automobile accident on the California freeway in the early morning hours when he had another security job of graveyard hours.  He drove an old 1970’s sports car and was basically a 2 seater … the backseat just stored his supplies and he had sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, etc. back there for their family camping trips and that actually helped him in the crash “as an airbag” because  there was a drunk driving over 100 miles an hour and plowed right into him and totaled his car like a tin can. Only the driver seat area was still in tact and not crushed in.  It was a miracle he survived it and had no serious injuries other than stiff neck and soreness for a few days. He knew the Lord protected him that day.  So I have to look at it that it was the Lord’s will for him  that his work down here was up.

Here is a late 1970’s picture on a hot summer day after church.  My mom wanted a group picture … my siblings are so much older than me .. 2 were heading back to college and he was getting married.  He’s on left side with the mustache.

153E3B43-DFA7-413A-905A-D187A693171F

Yes, I will continue to pray for everyone’s lost loved ones. :rose:   Time is short … I hope the grand reunion for us all is in the next few weeks!   No more separation/goodbyes ever again.  Only hello’s and good mornings. :whistle:

Terry
Registered
(@terry)
Noble Member

Handsome fellows and pretty girls.  Glad you have the photo.

KolleenWStone
(@kolleenwhitestone)
Noble Member

Such a wonderful photo Geri Smile Meaningful thoughts and memories!

It shouldn't be long before you're all together again

Countless groups of families, all One in the Family of our Lord one day!

A most wonderful thing to come!! :bible :rose:

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)
Noble Member

Lovely photo!

Thank you for sharing it.

Heidi
Registered
(@heidi)
Noble Member

Yes, I will continue to pray for everyone’s lost loved ones.     Time is short … I hope the grand reunion for us all is in the next few weeks!   No more separation/goodbyes ever again.  Only hello’s and good mornings.

Amen to that!

No more separation and goodbyes.

Tammie
Registered
(@tammie)
Famed Member

Wow Geri — great photo — I had hair like your sister (Karen Carpenter) in the 70’s and then the dresses are ones I actually miss — I love those style. I also like the suits, very classy in my opinion. Your brother’s mustache was not one of the favorite looks that I liked but I remember that style :mdrmdr:  You look adorable and very teenage-ish :yes:

KolleenWStone
(@kolleenwhitestone)
Noble Member

Terry
Registered
(@terry)
Noble Member

burdens prayer

Sending this to a friend who has many family members who are suffering from a certain ahem preventive medical procedure.  Sharing with you also.

Page 1 / 11
Share: