Good food-wrong car !

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
David
(@job19)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter

Just a quick story about something that happened when our family left church some years ago when me and my sister were teenagers.

The service had finished and my Mum and Dad had started conversations with some friends, I wandered off because well...…….that's what I did as a kid...…..just wander off !. Anyway my sister was apparently very eager to leave because she had the munchies and proceeded to get into what she though was our car. She settled into the back seat and said to the two people in the front "I'm starving, what's for dinner" ?.....well said the occupants "were having chicken I don't know about you". My Sister shot out of the car at light speed and sadly became the butt of jokes for a long time to come. She even bumped into the car owner in town a couple of weeks later and asked my Sister if she had got into any strange cars recently. Even to this day she hasn't lived that one down.....poor kid !!

Posted : March 11, 2020 9:33 pm
(@geri7)
Famed Member Registered

Oh poor thing, how frightening that must have been! :mdrmdr:

Well ... I had an incident of being in the wrong car too but thankfully the owner wasn’t inside.  Back in the 1990’s I was at a department store and then walked back to “my” car.  My big black metal key (no electronic remotes back then) opened a red Honda Prelude and I got in and sat down in the drivers seat and even tossed my shopping bag and purse in the passenger seat ... then immediately I realized I was in someone else’s vehicle because I could smell cigarette smoke and saw the cigarette butts in the ash tray.   If that owner wasn’t a smoker ... I think I truly would have driven off and been clueless for a while that wasn’t my car! :mdrmdr:   I quickly picked up my shopping bag and purse and got out and locked the door while my hands were shaking.  I saw “my” car in the next row.  I was still hesitant in trying the key. LOL.  But it opened and I quickly checked the glove compartment to make sure my insurance card, etc. was really in my name before driving off.

The Honda dealership was only about 4 miles away and had soooo many red Preludes on their lot ... I always wondered how many more that same key opened. :wacko:

Posted : March 12, 2020 7:07 am
Share: