The feast of Shavout this year is May 26/27. It is called Pentecost which means "50". It is the fourth of seven feasts instituted by YHWH for the Jewish nation to observe each and every year. I received a posting from Janet Hercule just a couple of days ago giving the following information about Pentecost. She says:
In a sense, Pentecost may be considered a "gentile" feast. Notice the events that are ascribed to Pentecost:
1. Enoch was both born and he died on Pentecost. He was a gentile as Abram had not yet been called and Eber, the son from whom the term Hebrew came was not yet born either.
2. Ruth, the wife-to-be of Boaz, the descendant of Rahab of Jericho was a gentile. She followed her mother-in-law, Naomi, back to Bethlehem when Naomi returned. She attached herself to Naomi in such a way as to be legendary. The book of Ruth is full of types and pictures of the the rapture of the Church, and it is read in the synagogue on Shavout (Pentcost). The account of Boaz bloodline down to the birth of Jesus, the Messiah is detailed.
3. Pentecost is the birth day of Judaism, i. e. the giving of the Law.
4. Pentecost is the birth day of the Church, i. e. the giving of the Age of Grace.
5. Pentecost is the end day of the Church,evidently, which may perhaps be the rapture day?
6. Shavout (O. T.) and Pentecost (N. T.) comprise a beautiful picture of LAW and GRACE. Under law, 3,000 people perished when YHWH was angry with the Hebrews for violating His law. At Pentecost, 3,000 people were saved at the preaching of Peter, and added to the Church, the body of Christ.
7. Shavout (O. T.) and Pentecost (N. T.) both fall on the same day this year, 2012. That is Sunday, May 26/27
8. Pentecost is also called the Feast of First Fruits.
9. Twenty one days before Pentecost this year was May 5/6. It was super moon day and the day the Olympics kicked off. It may tie into Daniel chapter 10, the delay when Daniel asked God why He was "late" in ending the Babylonian captivity.
10. It was at Pentecost that Peter declared the fulfillment of Joel 2. In his conclusion, he prophesied not only this event, but looking over centuries of time said this about the very day in which we now live, "And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath: blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that geat and notable day of the Lord come; and it shall come to pass that whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved". (Acts 2:19-21 KJV). Perhaps the coming eclipse of May 20 will be the fulfillment of the event Peter just described.
I will post an article on this rare phenomenon very soon.
Brothers and sisters in Christ, make your election very sure. Don't miss the spectacular promise of being a part of the Bride of Christ. Repent and cleanse yourself (1 John 1:9) of all known sin. The Judge is at the door. The Bridegroom is coming for His Bride. His arrival may be very, very soon. There is no time to waste.
In the name of Yahushua (Jesus Christ)